Sunday, December 11, 2016

So why the heck not?

After listening to a newly published friend's excitement about being published FOR THE FIRST TIME - EVER!, I started wondering  what I was waiting for.  I had allowed a number of years to lapse without making an effort to get anything published since I wrote for Doctor of Dentistry professional magazine.  Sure, I had written a few short stories and some poetry, but nothing I really considered serious writing.  But honestly, writing does not have to be non-fiction to be considered serious and print-worthy.  So I started small and from one link to another
(you know how that works on the internet), I found the site of Haiku Journal and submitted two of my haiku poems I had played around with about two years ago and didn't do anything with.  The response I received from the site was almost immediate. 

No comments: